31.6mm round carbon seatpost (Syntace P6) with non-round/oval internal shape. Compatible Di2 battery mounts?

Tried bubblewrap with double-sided tape inside to hold battery. It’s pretty tight going in but not secure enough to trust while riding.
Any compatible off the shelf DN300 (12 speed) Di2 battery mounts out there? I’ve been trying to find a clean, secure and reusable method, but I’m failing. Thoughts, suggestions?

1 Like

I have a 30.9 P6 and modified a ritchey di2 battery plug by cutting off the bottom half of one side of the plug. Shove it in and shake it a bit to make sure it doesnt fly out and you are golden. I have about 5K miles on that set up with no issues. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply man, I’ll definitely consider it. Never thought of doing what you did, but I’m also thinking about ordering a Ritchey plug made for a 27mm seatpost and seeing what I can come up with.

1 Like

I’m yet to find a better battery mount than simply wrapping the battery in bar tape and stuffing it in the seatpost. It’s worked great for me with a number of bikes. Best of all you can used old bar tape from a previous build that was otherwise destined for the trash. Just secure the final wrap with a little electrical tape and you’re golden.

1 Like

Yeah… a lot of people do this.

I haven’t tried it yet, but the tape seems to be pretty secure :slight_smile:

I ordered these silicon (flexible) mounts from ‘nexgen-sports’ 6/8/22. they’re still not here, company is almost impossible to get in touch with.

anyone know of anything similar out there??

1 Like

bump.