A disturbing development

2 Likes

Getting very “big if true” vibes from this tweet. Almost Jon Heyman around the MLB trade deadline stuff.

1 Like

I don’t see how that would make any difference

For an EIC, that is crap journalism. “I’m hearing allegations”……nothing more than rumor mongering.

If he is hearing such allegations, it is incumbent on him to research it, corroborate them and then print them.

Just to clarify, I am NOT defending Armstrong or saying it isn’t true….I am criticizing how Flax is handling it.

14 Likes

Blasphemy! This cannot be true!

2 Likes

fck tho, at least the Uniballer knows cycling. so there’s that.

1 Like

Flax has indeed shown low journalistic standards here.

Perhaps the news has come from Lance now being the managing partner in the firm that owns outside.

1 Like

When I listen to his podcast I’m astounded at how little he knows about the pro cycling scene.

Bruyneel on the other hand…

19 Likes

the little I’ve heard he comes off like jonny on the spot. does he ever allude to it, or does he assume an ‘insider’s’ status?

1 Like

Just for clarification, they don’t “own” Outisde, they are a minority owner….there are other groups involved as well.

4 Likes

Johan and George provide the only insightful commentary. Lance is just there to read the ads.

4 Likes

If true it depends on why they were chosen. From my uninformed viewpoint, it looks like the longest serving and higher up staff have been culled. Which I presume were the most expensive and offer the biggest savings. (Mr. Musk did this at Tesla at least once)
But on the other hand, Mr. A has a long and well documented history of being a AAA a$$h0le and a bully

1 Like

And yet there is absolutely nothing to indicate Armstrong was even in a position to influence anything like this. Flax’s misguided statement has zero evidence to go along with it.

3 Likes

I can’t get through five minutes of an episode.

1 Like

Believe he has now deleted that tweet

1 Like

you gotta admit being fired by Lance Armstrong would make your resume stand out.

2 Likes