Chronic indecision: new bike spec

I must have been one of the many lucky ones…

Look forward to the finished build up.

1 Like

Build incoming :grin:

9 Likes

Loving the paint job, so far…

2 Likes

9 Likes

It isn’t very hard to keep a Campagnolo mechanical group in tune: they ship with an inline adjuster for the FD and have had an adjuster on the RD since forever. I usually build an adjuster into the frame entry point for the RD cable as well: although not strictly required it makes tuning on the fly easier.

I agree re parts availability though: the Oz distributor has been OOS on most things for a year or more.

3 Likes

Your new ride looks awesome. Good call on the EPS I reckon. Gets rid of that little monkey on your shoulder who repeatedly says ‘you should have gone all in and got electronic’. As you say ‘life’s to short’. Why not treat yourself if you can afford it.

1 Like

long, slow whistle

Dayum.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.
I have also since forever used Campy and the 12sp on my Baum is utter crap.
Been at bike-shops far too many times, even had a snapped record chain which never happened before and chain hasn’t done 1000kms.
Also the indexing on my shifter must have worn, couldn’t get a kit for it nor a mechanic to open to try and check.
I simply had enough and gone to the dark side which turns out, I been on the dark side and have now seen the light. LOL

I am riding a 2018 S3 with Sram red and Enve’s with discs for now till bike shops have stock again as i am tossing between a new R5 or a Cannandale Supersix.