CT Forum Users are Great

I think we all need a collective pat on the back here for bucking the trend of cycling website forums and keeping it so civilised and focused on the topic, rather than the commenter.

Just reading through the comments on the thread Does CT Like Bikes, I had a smile on my face as comment after comment engaged on a really interesting topic (is new tech less than great) and all the nuances that go with it, without getting personal. It is SUCH a nice change from CN etc comments sections.

Long may it last!

9 Likes

You need to have the correct topic to get fireworks.

Lets see:
Tubes vs Tubeless
Pressfit vs Threaded BB
Mechanical shifting vs Electronic shifting
and the perennial favorite…
Rim brakes vs Disc brakes

8 Likes

Oh fook off.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks for the acknowledgement of the community @Der_Kaiser! I wholeheartedly agree.

3 Likes

lolol, the disc vs. rim brake argument will bring out the inner opinionated neurotics and the gloves will come off.

4 Likes

Laporte would argue that the foot on the back wheel is the most effective braking solution especially with cobbles

6 Likes

… and the gloves will come off

Full fingered vs fingerless

3 Likes

easy

tubes if aluminum and less than 30mm, tubulars if carbon and less than 30mm
threaded
mechanic
rim if less than 30mm

war is over…

Not so easy. In thorn-rich Az and owned by a heavy sweater I answer:

Tubeless for all wheels
I prefer threaded although some press fit do work
Electronic
Disc brakes always

So, a virtually diametrically opposed opinion. The real answer is “it depends” - on the riding conditions and the rider preferences. No one solution is right for everyone.

3 Likes