CyclingTips bringing the HEAT with this forum compared to some of the others

Just my humble $0.02, but I spend a bit of time on the weightweenies forum and various cycling subreddits and I just have to say UX of this forum is REALLY good so far. Hats off to you guys!

11 Likes

Thanks @Wheels_And_Wax! Of course we’re always open to suggestions and feedback on how to improve it.

1 Like

The only bit that isn’t obvious here is how to quote a prior post - it’s pretty easy when it’s text, but it’s harder when it’s images like the show us yer bike thread.

1 Like

Hmm… maybe I’ll see if I can gather some basics like that and then pin a post somewhere

1 Like

Are all of these AVBs the mortal enemy of @Richard_B?

1 Like

Correct. I’ve been slowly building an army

2 Likes

@Andy_van_Bergen1 - will you be using the badges to signify VC members as well?

Good idea. We were actually thinking of bring back the avatar builder!

4 Likes

Great idea. I need to update mine (for quickly degrading hair colour)!

2 Likes

Don’t worry @Cam_Harris, All of the @Andy_van_Bergen1 @Andy_van_Bergen are not enough to beat me in the Vuelta fantasy, as they say you are only as good as the last race. That means the giro and tour results mean nothing.

2 Likes

I’m so excited this exists! I really miss spending time on forums.

2 Likes

Me too, I left them behind and hit up Reddit but I still prefer the focus of a forum, and generally smaller ones have less objectionable trolling.

2 Likes

That, and very obvious karma garnering posts:

“It’s not much, but she’s mine” (posts $15,000 bike)
(Picture of overweight person) “After 30 years of smoking I went for my first bike ride!”
“My uncle is dying of cancer and he thinks he’s a terrible cyclist. Reddit, please convince him otherwise.” (posts a imperial century Strava file)

2 Likes

It is very similar in look & feel to the TrainerRoad forums

1 Like

Which are fantastic! My hope is that these can be too.

I hope it ends up with a similar quality but less training focused and more general bike fun. Gives me more places to indulge in bikes!

2 Likes

The software is Discourse:

I agree that it’s really good compared to reddit or what weightweenies runs on.

1 Like