Efficiencies and productivity

I understand the benefits of competition and efficiency but the human impacts are not readily quantified. My best wishes and deep thanks to anyone at CT affected by recent decisions.

2 Likes

Cab you elaborate a bit, please?

2 Likes

They sold the interns as bushmeat. These things happen, and it’s not like they weren’t advised it might.

Sold the interns?

1 Like

Maybe they’re referring to Outside doing some layoffs and shutting down a lot of their print operations? Someone shared the following link in pinkbike comments.

1 Like

I read somewhere that Dane will leave CT. Very unfortunate and I really enjoyed his work. I remember the article he wrote on MVDP’s feed during the race. Such articles is what makes CT special. Do wish Dane the best.

1 Like

Interesting….they shit down print version of Velonews and switched everyone over to a Peloton subscription and now they are ending the monthly publication of that mag as well.

Triathlete is also done as a published mag.

Your regular reminder that the VC world sucks.

When I used to be subscribed to Winning Magazine in the 90’s something similar happened…all of a sudden I started receiving a Triathlon magazine instead…

I initially subscribed to CyclingTips for the crew directly on here (Called, James etc), not because of Outside. My conundrum is I’m disliking more and more of what the parent company is and unless the content on CyclingTips get’s better I don’t know if I’ll renew my yearly subscription.

1 Like

The challenge here is that if you “vote with your pocketbook” and cancel your subscription, do you actually make the situation worse? The VC’s running Outside see it as a self fulfilling prophecy and kill things off instead of understanding that it can be corrected.

I don’t know the answer to that one….

3 Likes

I agree, that’s my conundrum…I’m potentially throwing out the baby with the bath water so to speak. You end up hurting those you didn’t want to.

1 Like