How do you store sunglasses?

Hi all, how do you store sunglasses? I’m looking for an inspiration, preferably some kind of on-wall idea.

If using often, in the helmet. If less often, in case in helmet. If traveling, in case in helmet in helmet bag.

3 Likes

is this a trick question? let me go with whatever way they don’t get fk’d up.

1 Like

In my helmet - so as not to forget them when heading out the door

1 Like

I keep them in a case in the door packet of my car.

I almost never drive my car these days, but at least I always know where they are.

(I only have one pair that I use for everything.)

1 Like

In the box they come in :slight_smile: But then I “only” have 3 pairs.

1 Like

I might find something I was looking for. I could buy it on Ali but it looks like nice DIY afternoon:

I built a display stand out of a piece of a square metal pipe, threaded rod, nuts and some heat shrink tubing. If you have a hacksaw and a drill it’s an easy thing to do. I mounted in a cabinet, but you could easily mount it to a wall with some spacers.

17 Likes

This! Perfect! How do you hold Wahoos on the wall? So cool and organised.

2 Likes

Those are some inserts form a cheap out front mount. I think kedge has those inserts as a standalone item for a few bucks. And a push button from an old jacket glued to piece of plastic pipe to mount the hr monitor. Or an old hr strap could be repurposed.

5 Likes

Why not leave the heart rate monitor connected to the strap? Curious if I have been doing something wrong for years haha

It just looks neater. Maybe the strap dries a bit quicker. But i don’t think it matters.

1 Like

If you have a Polar, the manual says to disconnect it.

1 Like

Elfa system. Though not as tidy as some of the other ideas.

1 Like

9 Likes

I keep two pairs in my car. One pair of sutros for day time rides, and a pair of photochromic jawbreakers for evening rides. I keep a helmet and shoes in the back elastic netting on the sides of the rear cargo area. Seats stay folded down so I can put the bike in at any time without removing wheels. If I keep things in the house I forget them. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t seem convenient to me to keep glasses in the car. It means you need to grab your cars keys whenever you go for a ride and you are fucked if someone in your household took the car. It is nice to have a pair of sunglasses available in the car in case you need them for driving though.

My car is always unlocked in my garage and I’m the only one who drives it, so no inconvenience or risk there. I stayed keeping my sunglasses in the car because I mostly used them while driving, and I’ve stuck with it even though that had changed.

I wear prescription sunglasses and I haven’t wanted to spring for multiple pairs so I like having one dedicated spot for them.

1 Like

I’ve had my Polar H10 HRM for >5 years now. If I unplug one terminal (and rotate the monitor to avoid accidental contact) I have no issues with battery life nor performance. If it’s left connected, the readout continues and drains the battery. Break the circuit and you should have no issues.

2 Likes

dudes - tangent thread: why are you all driving to a ride? - so regularly as to store goggles in the car? blasphemy - not wrt the esg nonsense

3 Likes