Italian team Pinarello’s stolen

how on earth can this happen??

Odd, because they are so distinctive they will be hard to sell.

Maybe the aim is to sell the components rather than the complete bike.

To me it seems a private collector very very very rich, that lives in some remote country… Let’s say Middle East?

1 Like

I can see it now, an addict wobbling down the street on Ganna’s gold TT bike trying to wheelie.

3 Likes

Even at that, the cockpits are surely the most distinctive components, and they’re pretty rider-specific. Most of this stuff won’t have nearly the same value to the thieves or their eventual buyers as it would to the riders themselves, even if they’d been stolen after the race.

Most of this stuff won’t have nearly the same value to the thieves or their eventual buyers as it would to the riders themselves

Given that the thieves didn’t pay anything for it I doubt that is a major concern for them :slight_smile:

Imagine turning up to your local track meet with one of these and trying to explain it “oh yeah, it was a limited edition I picked up from my LBS” :rofl:

Recovered.

2 Likes

In a raid again drug trafficking. They found drugs, lots of cash in various currencies and … € 600k worth of Pinarello track bikes ^^

Drugs but not as in the Lance Armstrong type :wink: