New 105 di2! Hope they keep the mechanical one as well

I only have 2 wishes, 1) Its not a boat anchor like Rival AXS and 2) they still keep mechanical available.

8 Likes

just send across a hand written letter via steam ship. it will do.

1 Like

Given the total lack of coverage by anyone else I’m guessing we’re under embargo right now and this is just about to launch.

1 Like

These things tend to be announced around TdF, so that would make sense.

So are you telling me that Road CC have been left out? That would be strange

I doubt they have been left out, I guess they just see this as publically available information rather than confidential secrets.

This was posted by ryanw on the weightweenies forum. Looks pretty nice.

5 Likes

In case you missed it, here’s your chance to win 105 Di2 :wink:

1 Like

Wasn’t there a screenshot from a bike store’s order system (not sure the correct term) that showed SKUs for 105 hydraulic Di2 and hydraulic mechanical groups? If not here, I’ve seen it posted on another forum. So yes, they seem like they are keeping the mechanical version for this version of 105. I’m sad that there’s no 12s mechanical rim brake version of Ultegra or 105, but I’m not Shimano.

Given Shimano’s OEM dominance, it seems like they more or less have to have mech 105 to cover the US$2k-3k pricepoints. The question in my mind is what happens after this model. We might end up having Tiagra mechanical, then a huge gap in price, then 105 Di2 and nothing in between. I don’t think that would serve the sport well.

1 Like

Exactly…they undoubtedly know more than they are letting on. But reposting publicly-available information is not covered under an embargo.

1 Like

The big S are gonna sell bucket loads of this and they know it, it’ll bring electric to everyone, no more crud in the chainstay cables etc… that’s why i got it and my fingers her tired on the bike, ok a slack excuse but believe me, you’ll never get tired of that shift!, even id have it (105 di2) tho i so have etap 1st gen red… :ok_hand: - batteries are still good too 3yrs and counting & i like the shift action… :ok_hand:

1 Like

Great news for all, apart from HH karoo owners…

1 Like

Long live 10 speed.

2 Likes

Can’t wait…

This is being featured at biketiresdirect: Search Results: - BikeTiresDirect.com

2 Likes

Just saw this too. That retail pricing is a disaster, shifters/brake caliper are twice the cost of AXS Rival.

1 Like

Almost every customer. Exclude this retrogrouch from electronic shifting. I’ll set up bikes with e stuff, but refuse to own one. Ducks for cover…

1 Like

So if I have my sums right, once you add a chain, cassette and rotors you won’t be far off $1,500. Given that cycling components seems to be priced at £1 = $1 that’s twice the price that is currently being charged for a r7020 groupset.

Got to hope there’s a mechanical 105 groupset because there’s no way I can afford the Di2 one. Also confirms that for now I’m just going to maintain my current 11 speed groupsets.

New 105 Di2 is here!