Thoughts on weight reduction on the featured kickstand?

There are a lot of things to love about these promotional pics, from the dubious cable routing, to the excellent photoshopping of the rider (whatever those cycling boots are, I’m into them), I’m just struggling to figure out how I’ve gotten by without a kickstand on my roadie for so long?

6 Likes

Peak BSO. The longer you look the worse it gets.

2 Likes

:face_vomiting:

Why on earth ?

The longer I look the more strange things I find!

2 Likes

So that’s the angle you’re so supposed to set your drops at?

2 Likes

Those HB….my god.

They’re not called drops for nothing.

7 Likes

I like the combo of how aggressive that drops position is combined with how chilled the saddle height is.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen anyone place their cleats on the back of their heel before. @Ronan_Mc_Laughlin will investigate the efficiency of this.

7 Likes

Your colleagues on the Nerdalert podcast have been whining about the lack of affordable roadies and The Industry has been listening, now don’t you complain.

Is there a stealth color scheme, like in “invisible”?

5 Likes

The cleat position, the body composition, a strange looking bike that has been optimized for standing around….

I think it’s Adam Hansen doing Triathlon in his old Lotto Soudal kit.

3 Likes

I feel compelled to comment on those cables again. It’s a proper hot mess

1 Like

The spaghetti junction at the head tube or the fact that they finish 10cm short of the brake calipers?

I wonder how Sava are feeling about their hirsute brand ambassador being mirrored, booted and sprinting in the granny ring? Or maybe he’s just standing lest the seatpost slip in the unclamped position?

Back on topic though, you can get a 37g carbon kickstand if you’re feeling left out.

5 Likes

In fairness that reduction in cable length is an immediate weight reduction - plus you don’t have to worry about pads either. #gainz

5 Likes

On the flipside it’s good to see that the forks are installed in the correct direction.

6 Likes

That was a pleasant surprise…

I get all the nice jobs, I feel I should throw this one up for @Caley_Fretz or @david.rome

3 Likes

Would upgrade my Veloclub membership if the money was used to buy bikes like this and in depth reviews were produced.

6 Likes

I’d know a 13mm nut used instead of a quick release on the front wheel from 20 paces

3 Likes

While it may look like the brakes are either disconnected hydraulics or dysfunctional mechanicals, we are witness to the first electronic hybrids.

Don’t worry: if the batteries fail during a descent the brakes will immediately close with full force. But they won’t work.

4 Likes