Travel cases: Trying Orucase B2 after using Thule Round Trip pro

Traveled a few times with the Thule Roundtrip Pro, 2016 version. No complaints on that case, one nice feature is the integrated work stand. With many airlines removing the size limits for bikes, 50 lbs is the only goal to keep excess fees down.

My bike-travel headache is now Uber and rental cars and getting the Thule case in the car. SUVs are fine but sedans are 50/50.

Enter the Orucase B2: Seems this will fit in many more cars.

Question for disc brake/B2/Ninja users; since the fork has to come off, has anyone used hydraulic quick disconnects? Or is it just a matter of securing the fork to the downtube?

In general, looking for tips on packing bikes in airline cases, specifically Airport Ninja/B2

I have two bikes with S&S frame couplers and hydraulic disc brakes. One carbon road bike and one Ti gravel bike. I use the No 22 Bicycles “Brake Break” quick disconnect and also the Formula Speedlock in-line quick disconnect. The Formula Speedlock is less conspicuous and lighter weight but they are so backordered right now who knows when they’ll be available. The Break Brake is extremely expensive, but durable. Both devices work great and I have not experienced loss of hydraulic fluid or air bubbles in the line during air travel or while riding. On both bikes I have quick disconnects on the front and rear brake lines. The rear brake line on both bikes is internally routed and I have a Brake Break inside the downtube. Sounds like all you need is a single quick disconnect in the front brake line.

1 Like

I’m using the Formula quick connects and am very happy with them. My travel bike is S&S, so I’m using 2 couplers. I’ve connected/disconnected about 5 or 6 times without needing to bleed them. I’ve definitely found that smaller cases make travel easier, and don’t add significant time to assembly. Have your LBS check with BTI-USA, they have some Formula hoses in stock.

Interested to learn what you find out. I have a B2-R on order and had been assuming that I could pack w/out disconnecting the hoses.

On my large gravel bike in a b2mtb, no disconnects are required, and there is some extra margin for space. I am a big fan, as it is much smaller and lighter than my previous hard case. If you have the fully integrated cables, it might be different, but as long as it doesn’t go through the headset you’re probably good.