Welcome to the CT Community

Welcome to the CT community where you can connect with other readers and CT journalists.

Here you can create your own discussions and interact with other readers around:

• News and racing
  • Product and tech
  • Rides, adventure and escapism
  • and anything else cycling related you’d like to discuss

There’s one basic rule, and it’s to treat others like you’d treat them in person. That means, don’t be a dickhead or you’ll be booted out. You get one warning.

It’s all about you.

This site is operated by your friendly CT staff and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let’s discuss! If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us via the staff page.

Boring but important

Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behaviour and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.

As a final note, just remember that you can’t post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission (i.e. copyrighted videos). You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law. If in doubt see our first rule.

6 Likes

there goes my work productivity, again

2 Likes

I’ve already deleted Slack. :+1:

2 Likes

Yay! I hope this is is going to be searchable - with a long history so we can look up what James and Dave recommended last time we asked about fixing a problem.
Argh! This mean I have yet another “social media” account I need to keep track of! :crazy_face:
I hope I can change the dark colour scheme back to a sensible old person’s light scheme!

1 Like

How do I get back to the CT homepage from this forum?

Can I tag people, like one does in Slack - and every other social media for that matter.?
@Andy_van_Bergen1 - ah, yes I can tag people, why are there 2 @Andy_van_Bergen ’s ? Getting a bit keen on yourself eh? :wink:
Oh, I can’t keep posting replies. :frowning:
That system greeetings message is a bit rude. :open_mouth:

@David_McCook there you go.
3 more!

Bonus points if you use all three to keep asking @Andy_van_Bergen and/or @Andy_van_Bergen1 why there are two of him…

2 Likes

Haha - THIS Andy van Bergen is used for testing our non-VC member settings. Also: holds a pen in his left hand, wears socks over warmers, and believes Chicken Crimpy Shapes are superior. Clearly cannot be trusted. Also seems to talk in the third person.

5 Likes

Thanks @Chovy - now someone’s replied to me I can ask @Andy_van_Bergen1 and @Andy_van_Bergen and @andy.vanbergen_dft and @Andy_van_Bergen2 and @andy.vanbergen_disco why he’s been virtually breeding like a teenager! But wait, there’s more! :rofl:
This forum is going to take some learning how to use it.

Now I need to know @andy.vanbergen_disco 's back story…

Hmm. Those other ones sound like imposters. Particularly if there is one that has disco on their name.

I’ll look into the CT Homepage links too. :ok_hand:

Haha I just cracked the code. Disco looks like the start of ‘discourse’ which would have been a pseudonym we set up for testing

2 Likes