Who is the Secret Pro?

It’s clearly still Greg Henderson 4 years after he retired.

Why can’t we get to watch more of the Benelux Tour?

1 Like

Whoever it is, they were quiet this year

Judging by his words about Jasper Stuyven, WvA, the Benelux Tour and Remco Evenepoel I’m going to guess that it is Jasper Stuyven.

Bigging himself is a double bluff IMO, but I’ve seen right through it!

2 Likes

Isn’t the obvious answer Toms?

3 Likes

This would be my guess as well.

1 Like

I am the secret pro. Don’t tell anybody please

4 Likes

Probably some fat guy who sits around making fan fiction. Either that or one of those really strong independently wealth dudes that lives in Girona/Andorra and rides around with a lot of pros. Professional cyclists aren’t exactly rocket surgeons, they discuss all sorts of private stuff in public while riding with other strong riders.

1 Like

He DID reference an article by Abby :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m the Secret Pro, and so’s my wife.

8 Likes

bonus points for LOB reference

3 Likes

Pretty sure Caley mentioned numerous times that deep dives to publicly ID them would spell the end of the articles. So, let’s not….

3 Likes

He went six months between articles so… not a huge risk at this point. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Rocket surgeons?

4 Likes

I don’t understand how you can be a secret pro. At some point, I’d think his friends and family would notice all the time he spends training and traveling around Europe and wonder how he can get all that premium cycling equipment with pro team logos.

6 Likes

Yep, pretty sure Toms wrote this one. TSP is a big supporter of Trek Segafredo, uses miles not km and the Abby link was a bit of a give away.

The previous, pre-Tour column was written by an English or Australian rider I think - used the English spelling not the American when referring to Sagan as an “ar*e” in his pre-Tour column, had a massively incorrect prediction that Ineos would dominate at the Tour and displayed a major crush on Richie Porte, which seems very un-Hendo and un-Toms.

Having said that, maybe CT are deliberately editing to through in some red herrings, so who really knows!

2 Likes

I admire your attempts at sleuthing here, but you’re barking up the wrong tree. Secret Pro posts are almost always ghost-written by our staff in consultation with the rider involved, so if there are regional variations in spelling etc, that’s likely down to who wrote and edited it. Most of the time that’ll be at least two different staff members, from different countries – one writing it, one editing it (normally me editing it). And as for a link to Abby’s post - all article links, photos, headlines and subheads etc are added by the editorial team during the editing/production process (again, normally me). Sorry to disappoint. :wink:

11 Likes

“Only the true messiah denies his divinity”

3 Likes

My comment had a tongue in cheek emoji for a reason. There were lots of links in the article, only one was to a piece written by Abby.

Yeah, I’d meant to reply to @ Der_Kaiser but didn’t hit the right “reply” button.

1 Like

I like constructive forum threads.