Why is there no coverage of the recent UCI European Championships - period?

or am I missing something …:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Battery shortages. They save those for important races.

3 Likes

Very boring courses on both mtb and road races, so you didnt miss anything.

1 Like

for that reason you can skip quite a lot of the UCI race calendar :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Coverage of everything general seems to have dropped off last week. Nothing that I could find of Carapaz going to Ef either. Or tour of Denmark would have expected something with Magnus Sheffield riding to 2nd given Velonews had coverage. Bit concerning for how little updates seem to be on the homepage with Wade leaving not long ago.

1 Like

I mean not even results - come on guys - and then an in deep coverage of the Tour of Oman :exploding_head:

1 Like

We do our best to get all the best stories on the site along with the basic results on the homepage, but unfortunately there’s only so much we can cover with the number of us working any given day. That means some events are sacrificed for the bigger races/more compelling stories. e.g. today’s BEMER Cyclassics in all likelihood wouldn’t have had coverage if it hadn’t been an unlikely winner because there’s usually only one of us (hi :raised_hand:) on the ‘news desk’ at weekends.

What @Joe_Torp said is also a factor…

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s some great conspiracy and not just CT bringing it’s usual mix of content. They have not (in recent years anyway) covered every single UCI race.

2 Likes

That sounds very dramatic but in my book the UCI Europan Championships are a multi day event right.
Are you trying to tell me there was no editorial meeting ?

1 Like